2nd BioSC Symposium: “Towards an Integrated Bioeconomy“
The 2nd International BioSC Symposium focuses on research related to the successful implementation of a sustainable bioeconomy built on the integraion of scientific expertise in various disciplines. All relevant disciplines need to explore the full potential of renewable resources to develop solutions for the Grand Societal Challenges. External scientists and BioSC members present their interdisciplinary research projects reflecting bioeconomy topics from different points of view. Additionally, for the first time, the newly established BioSC FocusLabs highlight their promising research activities for the integrated bioeconomy in NRW.
Sessions of the 2nd International BioSC Symposium
- Session I: Cornerstones of an Integrated Bioeconomy in NRW: Recently started BioSC FocusLabs highlighting key research activities within the BioSC.
- Session II: Socioeconomic Perspectives within a Sustainable Bioeconomy: Socioeconomic analysis of bioeconomical developments (raw materials, processes and products) linked to markets, politics and society, as well as strategies or concepts for a successful implementation of an economically, ecologically and socially sustainable bioeconomy.
- Session III: Innovations for Plant Production and Resource Management: Interdisciplinary, sustainable and visionary concepts, that allow for resource-preserving and environmental-friendly enhancement of plant performance, adaptation of quality to the respective utilization pathway and minimization of yield and post-harvest losses.
- Session IV: Green Value Chains ‐ Processes and Products from Biomass: New value chain concepts, promising products and solutions for the processing of biogenic raw materials, modular (bio-) transformations, downstream processing and integrated biorefinery concepts for the holistic and sustainable utilization of biomass.
- Poster-Session: You are kindly invited to submit poster abstracts. You will find the Call for Poster Abstracts on www.biosc.de/Poster_call_2017.
Registration is open!
Please register before the 3rd of November, 2017 via the following link: www.biosc.de/symposium_en. For more information please have a look on the website www.biosc.de/symposium_en or contact the BioSC office via biosc(at)fz-juelich.de.